Apple is giving me a free MBP replacement, YAY!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by n8236, Dec 18, 2008.

1. n8236 macrumors 65816

So much for fixing the flickering lcd. But fix turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

At first attempt, they made my mbp shut itself off every 5 seconds. And final attempt to fix it made that even worse by not having the lcd come up at all. Along w/ my 8 page history of repairs since early 2006, Apple has decided to call it quits and give me a replacement MBP.

How much do you think Apple loses on giving me a free replacement? I bought my original MBP for 2.4k (w/ AppleCare)?

I guess Christmas is coming early this year and the biggest gift isn't from my parents. I should wrap it up, put it under the x-mas tree and make it from me to me lol.

2. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Nothing. There's tons of people who buy AppleCare and never have to use it. ..Meaning Apple is still making money off of replacing your Mac

3. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

really? I've probably used $1000+ dollars worth of applecare on every computer I've gotten it for, except this one. But I'm working on it, up to 300 already :p

4. Saikou macrumors 6502

Saikou

Yea, I've used about $300 worth with this macbook. I had over $3000 in repairs covered with my old titanium powerbook a few years ago... I'll never not have applecare - especially with a laptop.