Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kal-037

macrumors 68020
1. First time poster

2. Some guy

3. Seems to have a close relationship

What's wrong with this post? :confused: It's just like the other wacko posts that we get from time to time. This guy will never come back. End of story
Whenever there is stagnation from Apple... he will be there. Whenever posters on MR become jaded by Apple... he'll be there. Whenever a random vague post needs posting... he'll be there. Then again, I assume Apple already placed their snipers outside this guy's house so uhhh, nevermind he won't be back.

Kal.

pulpconselor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2017
I am an iPad fans,and have been focusing on when will the new iPad Pro release for quite a long time,I went to these two sites almost everyday——macrumors and a popular china forum——for iPad news

Yesterday in that popular china forum, “some guy” ——which is not a ordinary guy,I may say he is a famous prophet in that forum,I have seen him "bingo" for several times——post this breaking news,which is what I had been waiting for,I believed this is also what a lot of iPad fans here were waiting for,I wanted the iPad fans here can also get this exciting news right the monent,so I created an account here and post this subject

Why didn't I create an account here in the past?because I am a chinese and quite not used to communicate with people in English

Thanks

BTW: IOS 10.32 actually means IOS 10.3.2

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
Whenever there is stagnation from Apple... he will be there. Whenever posters on MR become jaded by Apple... he'll be there. Whenever a random vague post needs posting... he'll be there.

Kal.

They say that for Superman !! Kal-El

Tapiture

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2016
Please don't do this again. This is just another rumor like the April 15th one. It's just a rumor, probably not true for a number of reasons.

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
I am an iPad fans,and have been focusing on when will the new iPad Pro release for quite a long time,I went to these two sites almost everyday——macrumors and a popular china forum——for iPad news

Yesterday in that popular china forum, “some guy” ——which is not a ordinary guy,I may say he is a famous prophet in that forum,I have seen him "bingo" for several times——post this breaking news,which is what I had been waiting for,I believed this is also what a lot of iPad fans here were waiting for,I wanted the iPad fans here can also get this exciting news right the monent,so I created an account here and post this subject

Why didn't I create an account here in the past?because I am a chinese and quite not used to communicate with people in English

Thanks

Apple releasing a Hardware at WWDC is a rare event !

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Dear apple

release a 7.9" iPad Pro (or even better, similar spec to iPad Mini 4 or whatever) with pencil support

I don't want to lug a 10 or 12" iPad just to be able to draw on it. I prefer the mini form factor, if i'm lugging 12 inches (worth of electronics, hurrrr) i already have a laptop for that. I don't need/care/want all of the pro features, i just want to be able to draw on it for note-taking and diagrams. Yes i can use a stylus right now, but the styluses are crap.

I very nearly bought a Mini 4 yesterday but just couldn't bring myself to do it knowing what is likely inevitable. That and the fact that the store i was in only had a gold one in stock.

edit:
I'm ready to buy one if the pricing isn't totally retarded, TODAY.

Last edited:

alba63

macrumors member
May 3, 2017
Several websites state that Apple is going to release a 9.7, 10.5 and 12.9 inch iPAD Pro 2. Seems highly unlikely, because 9.7 and 10.5 are awfully close in size. Doesn't make any sense. 7.9 + 10.5 + 12.9 seems more appropriate.

I am looking for a tablet with the highest possible display quality for photography. In a store I compared iPAD pro 12.9 with the 9.7 pro and the more recent technology (lesser reflectance + true tone) just looks better. However a 10.5 large screen in an iPAD of the same size as current 9.7" is very interesting, specially if resolution is higher than the current ipADs (9.7 models).

I'd also take a different brand than Apple, but nothing seems as mature as the Apple device.

Reactions: Legendts

Sirmausalot

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2007
Several websites state that Apple is going to release a 9.7, 10.5 and 12.9 inch iPAD Pro 2. Seems highly unlikely, because 9.7 and 10.5 are awfully close in size. Doesn't make any sense. 7.9 + 10.5 + 12.9 seems more appropriate.

I am looking for a tablet with the highest possible display quality for photography. In a store I compared iPAD pro 12.9 with the 9.7 pro and the more recent technology (lesser reflectance + true tone) just looks better. However a 10.5 large screen in an iPAD of the same size as current 9.7" is very interesting, specially if resolution is higher than the current ipADs (9.7 models).

I'd also take a different brand than Apple, but nothing seems as mature as the Apple device.
The 9.7 was just released. It is the budget model. A 10.5 Pro, in the same form factor, but with higher specs, larger screen, and a significantly higher price makes great sense. I am planning on getting one, but not if it is a 9.7 inch screen as the new 9.7 has solid performance.

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
iOS devices are normally released with the corresponding new features in iOS software.
I believe we will see iPads together with the iPhone 8. My guess is there will be an OLED 10,5 model and an updated 12,9" with Pencil support.
I'm unsure about the combination of OLED and digitizer.

alba63

macrumors member
May 3, 2017
chances are no upgrades till october

if they are doing a bezel free 10.5 then it will be after the new iPhone

Hmmm not good, a bit late for me. I'd like a bit higher rez than 9.7 but a smaller device than the 12.9 which is a bit heavy to hold...
Most websites believe OLED will not be thete before 2018. Samsung has OLED, but the colors while intense are way over the top. What bithers me most however are reflections, and currently the iPad pro 9.7 is the best in this respect. The new 9.7 does not have the same low reflectivity...

Last edited:

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017

The 10.5" device may have a higher PPI display than the 9.7" iPad Pro. Apple can drop the price of the 9.7" Pro to $499 and have the 10.5" Pro occupy the $599 slot.

iPad revenue has been declining for more than three years straight. This product family needs a lot of attention to reverse the current trend.

alba63

macrumors member
May 3, 2017
Yes, it's popularity has declined, because many people think those devices are not worth their high price because the functionality is still lightyears behind a real PC/ mac. If Apple allowed a real file system (to share files between apps) and an SD card slot, they could probably sell 10 times more iPADs. Like that it is mainly a media consumer device, not a "pro" unit. Apple wants people to believe otherwise ("the best computer may not be one"), but people are not that stupid.

But I don't mind, I really would want such a device as high end picture viewer. If Apple won't release the 10.5 model with higher pixel count (and same size as 9.7 models) in summer, I may still go for the iPAD pro 9.7 without being really unhappy. I also heard about the Google Pixel C which is 10 inch and has a higher pixel count than the iPad pro 9.7. Maybe I should look at it.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
Frankly, I DO think they are going to announce at WWDC, availability maybe a bit later. Its both way overdue and with the new products coming from MSFT (and others) for the education market and small portable high power market, apple needs to get a new product out in the pipeline over the summer at the latest. I also think we'll see some new input options, different keyboards and maybe an updated or enhanced apple pencil.

Reactions: Legendts and sracer

LucasLand

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2002
New England
Not happening, there is a reason why I have got rid of both my big and small ipad pros. I quite frankly got bored. There were no major software updates, no trackpad support, and many limitations. The Samsung Chromebook Plus gave me everything I wanted so I switched to that. If Apple actually can re-engineer there ipad software and give me trackpad support and a real file manager, I may come back but for now its a no go................
Want a trackpad then buy a MacBook

Reactions: profets

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
https://tech.blorge.com/2017/04/29/apple-ipad-pro-2-launched-wwdc/155844/amp/155844

There are some rumblings of new iPads at WWDC, but who knows for sure.
"Donklephant has recently reported that Apple will be announcing the second generation of the iPad Pro, together with three new iPad devices. More precisely, we should expect a 12.9 inches iPad Pro 2, two iPads in 10.5 and 10-inches sizes, plus an iPad Mini 5 with a 9.7 inches display"

Two 10.5" iPads, a 10" iPad and a new 9.7" iPad mini?!?!?! Wow, talk about diversifying the product lineup!

That article is total crap.

darkarn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2017
Singapore

Thanks

Can you post the link to that forum and the specific thread? I am sure some of us will like to take a look at it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.