apple is having a hard time fixing my laptop

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by weemanpow3, Jun 18, 2009.

1. weemanpow3 macrumors 6502

weemanpow3

This is the history on my laptop

1. a/c charger burnt out - Replaced charger
    2. graphics glitches - replaced logic board
    3. random shutdowns when on battery - replaced logic board & battery
    4. ^ shipping it back (the problem is still there)

when I get it back and still the same problem I am gonna request a new macbook pro, my warrenty is out and I had to pay $310.00 for them to fix it and they didn't fix the problem. Any tips you guys have on this situation?

2. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

i can garuntee they wont give you a new notebook.

all my days doing apple service i have never seen apple replace a notebook not under warranty unless they damaged it.

unless someone replaces it under the 8600GT KB article...you likely will just get a repair.

sorry,

3. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

My Powerbook had two problems with the logic board after the warranty ran out. I spent thirty minutes on the phone with Customer Relations and was told the second repair would be covered. The next day, a Manager from the Apple Store called and they were replacing the computer with a new MBP.

4. midgetsanchez macrumors regular

Apple's been pretty awesome with applecare. My friend's old classic '06 MBP had a hard drive failure. She mailed it in to apple, only to get a call from them a week later that they somehow "lost" her laptop, and instead sent her a new unibody replacement. Pretty awesome, right?

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I'm going to agree with the second poster. Apple is usually good with these types of things but I have never dealt with a customer or come across it in iLog that a computer was replaced out of warranty. I can't say it never could or would happen but it's slim. If anything, repairs will be courtesy of Apple.