iPad mini Apple is hurting their own inventory - Can not cancel in process order

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nostresshere, Nov 12, 2013.

1. nostresshere macrumors 68030

So, I see I can do an online order earlier today and order a new mini with retina. Few hours later I see that both local stores have them in stock. I am thinking about ordering one of those and picking it up.

But, if I do, a second one will arrive anywhere from Nov 12 to the 21st. And then that has to be returned.

Somebody did not think this through.

I have decided I will just wait and have a bit of faith it will arrive sooner than the dates they show online. Says it will ship in 1-3 days with arrival something like Nov 20th?

2. pocky macrumors regular

Apple is not hurting it's own inventory.

I just ended up buying one for local pick up anyway. The others can ship to me........then......it can go on Craigsilst. :D

3. nostresshere thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes, for those that do a resale, it works fine. Many of us prefer not to deal with that and just take them back. I imagine this contributes to the volume of refurbs for sale.

4. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

They are not refurbs if you haven't opened them, and why would you open the second one if you have one and are planning to take the second one back??

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I'm sure hoping it arrives sooner that what it says.

6. nostresshere thread starter macrumors 68030

True...not a refurb. Assume they look at it and do not call it a refurb. Not sure how they make sure somebody did not just slap cell-wrap on an opened box.

But, no matter what it is called, until I return it, Apple can not sell it.