Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Nice... #3 in Customer Service and #1 in Reliability

What I find is odd, that in many people complain how poor the quality of Macs are. That is their quality has sunk to a new low. This survey shows quite the opposite and to be honest is inline with what I've experienced with apple, both from a customer support perspective and quality of my apple products.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
What I find is odd, that in many people complain how poor the quality of Macs are. That is their quality has sunk to a new low. This survey shows quite the opposite and to be honest is inline with what I've experienced with apple, both from a customer support perspective and quality of my apple products.

Apple forums on the internet are not a reliable measure of reality. ;)

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006

Well the other fact that a larger chuck of apple calls will be diverted to Apple Care and Apple directly. Much more than the other manufactures so I do feel Apple score is a little higher than it should be.

No other manufacture has as good of tech support as Apple does.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
IMO, the fact that their data comes from the number of Mac support calls that they receive makes me not lend too much credibility to their survey.

Like Rodimus pointed out, who the heck calls "Rescuecomm" for Mac support?!

Rescuecom measures reliability by dividing each manufacturer's U.S. market share, as measured by IDC, by the percentage of calls requesting Rescuecom's service on each maker's machines.

And it wasn't even a year ago when Rescuecomm dropped Apple to third place.
http://gizmodo.com/5182321/apple-fa...eliability-report-loses-to-asus-and-lenovoibm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.