Apple is no longer the most valuable brand.

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by MathersMahmood, Feb 1, 2017.

1. MathersMahmood macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

Just saw a post on the internet stating that Google has overtaken Apple to be the most valuable brand in the world.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...ds-facebook-google-apple-amazon-a7556571.html

What do you guys think of this? Do you think it has something to do with the recent product releases? I am quite surprised myself as they have only just revealed record sales and are seen to be 'back on track'.

Let me know what you guys and gals think :)

2. belvdr macrumors 603

In reference to your surprise, I'd suggest reading the article you linked to. Specifically:

As a non-marketing guy, I'm not sure how brand value is calculated.

3. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I'm not even sure what the point is of fretting about being the most "valuable" brand. Clearly Apple is a powerful and extraordinarily wealthy company with non-trivial market share in a range of areas...

I'm sure we could come up with all kinds of metrics to measure "brand value" that rank the various tech companies in various orders, but again I'm unsure of the utility.

4. Zirel Suspended

Zirel

BS "report"

Other reports put Apple at #1.

This one is particularly stupid, so they downgraded Apple, and upgrade Samsung?

After the international scandal that was the Note 7?

Seems legit...

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

For me its a non-event. Who cares, I think its more important they Apple makes great products then where they end up in some sort of pissing contest.