Apple is not allowing me to buy Tiger...

JeDiBoYTJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
For the past 2 days I have tried to preorder Tiger, but everytime when I click "Check Out", I get the same message:

"Server Error

Bad Request Error

This error indicates that an invalid request was received."

I can't figure out whats wrong, this is really getting on my nerves...

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Good thing you didn't try using IE...not only would you not have been able to buy Tiger, some big scary men would have come round the next day to confiscate your Mac! ;) :p

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
JeDiBoYTJ said:
thanks. I was using firefox, i guess apple diddnt like that. worked in safari fine.
I used Camino, another Gecko-based browser, to order mine. It worked fine.

starnox

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
munkle said:
Good thing you didn't try using IE...not only would you not have been able to buy Tiger, some big scary men would have come round the next day to confiscate your Mac! ;) :p
Or your credit card details would have be transferred over an unencrypted channel :p

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
JeDiBoYTJ said:
thanks. I was using firefox, i guess apple diddnt like that. worked in safari fine.
I think it's a server problem they've been having, I've had the same message a few times in the last fortnight or so trying to access the store from a bookmark or entering the address each time I'd go to the apple.com homepage and use the store tab no problem. Using Safari.

vieoray

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2005
this exact thing happened to me for months but with the order status page. the fix is to clear all apple cookies from safari, then everything should work fine.

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
It probably happened the first time you ordered. from there the page was cached and was loaded from cache instead. It was probably fine the past 80 or so times you've tried it :p just loaded the bad cache file instead. clear history, clear cookies, try again

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Westside guy said:
I ordered Tiger with Firefox - no issues. It's kind of hard to imagine how a browser could cause this sort of server-side problem.
I suspect corrupt cookies are to blame. Clearing out the bad cookies and trying again is worth a try.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
JeDiBoYTJ said:
I also used Firefox, and Apple was quite happy to take my order...

Did you try logging off and back in (or, as others has suggested, clear cookies and cache)...?

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
apple wouldnt let me chose a different shipping address which is a pain (when i have had things shipped from apple to my uni address before), so it is having to be shipped home and i will have to have a 3 hour round trip to go and get it :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.