Apple is refusing to replace my broken MacBook Air??

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ZofiaK, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZofiaK, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014

ZofiaK macrumors newbie

Ever since I got my 2013 MacBook Air 13" upgraded to Intel Core i7, I'm experiencing issues with the internet. It keeps disconnecting for no reason. This never happened on my previous 2012 MacBook Pro 13". First I though there is something wrong with the wi-fi routers. I contacted Comcast dozens of times, they just sent out refresh signals, until they decided to come and replace the routers. Then when the problem kept occurring, they told me that there must be something wrong with the laptop. That's when I contacted AppleCare, I sent it in for a repair. After I got my laptop back, yes, the problem still happened. I contacted AppleCare back, and I had to send it in for a repair again. When I got it back, guess what, the internet still disconnected. So when I called back, they transferred me to a senior supervisor which told me that we will need to do some diagnostics. We did the diagnostics for hours at times over the phone. I sent him diagnostics file when the internet was working and when it was now. When I told them every other Wi-Fi device works fine in my house, and asked if they could replace the laptop since it never happened to my other MacBook and non of my other devices disconnect from the internet. They refused, they said that's not an option. What should I do? What would you do?

2. chrfr macrumors 603

I'd switch to a basic cable modem from Comcast and get my own router. Generally the routers provided by cable companies aren't good.

3. ZofiaK, Apr 18, 2014

ZofiaK thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry I do have my own router, it's the Cisco Linksys EA3500. The modem though is provided by Comcast. My bad.

4. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

Are you able to see anything in, say, the console when your connection drops? Not that it matters, but which O/S are you running?

5. ZofiaK, Apr 18, 2014

By the console, what do you mean? Am I able to see all the lights on the modem, yes i am. The wi-fi is working fine on my iPhone and my moms laptop. I'm on OS X Mavericks.

6. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

I'm using a Cisco E2500 router. Have been using it for close to 2 years now with good success. Wish it had a bit more range. My MBA, Mac Pro and my Android phone all connect fine just fine, as did my late wife's iMac.

The Modem is also a Cisco, Model DPQ3212 provided my Cox Cable.

Lou

7. driftless macrumors demi-god

driftless

What happens when you use WiFi outside of your house, say at a Starbucks?

8. ZofiaK, Apr 18, 2014

The AppleCare representative told me to connect to a different network and see if the problem still occurs. So I did, and it still disconnects :(

9. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.