Apple is replacing my keyboard....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HBOC, Apr 12, 2010.

1. HBOC macrumors 68020

So, my MBP sometimes would get "stuck" on a key (repeat one key a million times). However, the keys do not physically get stuck. There is no specific key that sticks.

In any case, Apple has my computer and it sucks not having it:eek: .
    They are trying to duplicate the problem, and they said that they would install a new keyboard if they cannot duplicate the problem (process of elimination..i formatted and re-installed SL last week)..

So I have a question. Let's say this doesn't fix the problem. Would they issue a replacement, depending on what is wrong? My logic board was replaced a month after i bought it. I have a 2.5GHZ 15" non uni. Just wondering. I like the body style of mine better

2. gothamm macrumors 6502a

they would try 3 times to fix it before considering a repair

3. paintballswimgu macrumors 6502

they try for 3 major breaks and on the 4th they replace. The upside to a replacement. is that it comes with a year of applecare and you can buy an applecare extension :)

4. Raima macrumors 6502

Don't know if you've considered, it may be a software issue where a process is hogging the cpu, just long enough to cause a double repeat on a key.

5. HBOC thread starter macrumors 68020

Well it did cross my mind, and i formatted the HD (which is a few months old) and re-installed SL with the updates.

So i am wondering does this count for a major repair? And I have AC on this computer with about 18 months left on it. So they wouldn't transfer over the remaining AC onto the new one? Thanks for the replies..