Apple is stupid

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by StateCCM, Apr 3, 2008.

1. StateCCM macrumors member

in the mac book pros, their USB ports have less energy than a PC's USB port.

so i got an external hardrive, plugged it into my friends mac so we could get some of my files but it didn't work, the device said it had insufficient power to run...

thanks :apple:apple:apple:.... such an innovative company.... i have to buy a special cable for my EHD so it could work on macs.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Was the Mac running from the battery or the adaptor?

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

My single port 2.5" USB hard drives work just fine on my Macbook. I have a WD Passport and a Vantec case.

4. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

What kind of external hard drive do you have? Everything that I have attatched to my MBP has worked flawlessly. Sorry, just don't understand why you would automatically just say "Apple is stupid...."

Peace:cool:

5. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

6. DJJONES macrumors 6502

those files could have been important!!!
    time is money!!

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

Well, using that logic (that Apple is stupid unless they have everything that a PC does), Apple must be stupid for not putting Vista on their systems. And the last time I checked, most notebooks don't support high-power USB on battery... Also, very productive thread title.

8. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

[​IMG]

if you have something to complain about, complain about it. we'll listen, we'll gripe with you, we'll suggest alternatives or fixes. dont say "apple is stupid" in a forum full of fanboys just to get a rise.

and everyone else, ignore his crap.

9. notnek macrumors 6502

notnek

just to note: i've had 2 USB external drives and 1 FireWire drive all connected at one time on a Macbook. I didn't experience any problems.

10. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Did ya ever think that it's your own fault. Last time I checked, Macs couldn't read HTFS formatted drives, and PCs couldn't read HFS formatted drives. I could be wrong though.

Either way, your statement is just incorrect, and you should get your facts straight. It's one thing to say that Apple should have done this or that, it's another to say that Apple IS this, and the basis for that statement is simply incorrect.

p.s. Sorry, you're trolling.