iPhone 8(+) Apple is terrible now - iPhone 8 failure

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lastgreen, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Lastgreen macrumors member

I bought an IPhone 8+ in December and it was working perfectly fine.. last night I was on whatsapp when suddenly the phone screen just went black but the light was still emitting from the back... It started to get super hot like it was going to blow. I made it cool off and tried pressing the power button to force restart but then it heated up even more
    I'm disappointed with apple's new generation products because I've also read that the new MacBook pros are prone to keyboard failure this is sad especially since I'm from a country that doesn't have An Apple Store.

Does anyone have any clue what's going on?

2. orev macrumors 6502

Every product will have some percentage of failures. It could be you just got a bad one and it needs to be replaced. Only Apple could say if the overall quality is lower based on the aggregate number of all repairs they have had to perform.

3. sunapple macrumors 68000

sunapple

Yes it’s a manufacturing defect and that can happen to anyone, also to any company. You just got unlucky, doesn’t mean Apple sucks in general but whatever.

4. m0sher macrumors 6502

m0sher

I can see why Anyone would be mad, even if it was a Samsung G9. When you pay so much you just want things to work.

Unfortunately that’s not the case every single product. It’s obvious that it’s not a common problem based on the sheer amount of people that have gotten good phones.

Bring it into an Apple store it’ll be under full warranty .

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Can't blame you for being mad. Apple phone are MOST dependable but defects do happen.

Not sure if I would own any expensive device like an iPhone if I could not get it serviced in my own country.

6. ericwn macrumors 68020

Get it into the Apple approved service channels and get it fixed. I would start to be dissatisfied when multiple of your Apple products fail at the same time, not if you read anecdotes on the internet.

7. AlphaGuitarist macrumors 6502a

AlphaGuitarist

Defects happen. My PS4 was affected by the blue light of death right out of the box and my wife's old Galaxy S6 had to be exchanged several times, due to battery issues.

8. Phone Junky macrumors 65816

Phone Junky

Exactly what I was thinking.

9. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Very true. The reality is, the amount of devices that Apple produces or any electronic manufacturer, are almost all working as intended, but there always will be some defects, because it’s a mass manufactured product. Its not just Apple, it applies to any tech Product.

10. TheBruno macrumors member

TheBruno

I can understand the frustration. It does sound like a manufacturing defect. They're rare, but they happen. Can you send it in for repair?

11. Lastgreen thread starter macrumors member

I don't live in America (where the phone was purchased). However my friend is going to America for the summer so is it possible for me to send it with him for him to take to an Apple Store? The phone was purchased on amazon.. I don't have the box but I do have the serial number and when I checked the apple coverage on the website it says I'm covered until November 17 2018... I have a digital receipt from amazon. What would the process be for me to get a replacement (documents, duration until the replacement is ready)? and again is it possible for my friend to bring it in for a replacement? Would I even get a replacement or would they just fix whatever is wrong with it. Please someone clarify

12. Nbd1790 macrumors regular

If you're still under the manufacturer warranty, odds are they'll just replace the phone. I would highly recommend calling their customer service department to see if they can just ship it to you (there's a good chance they will send you a new phone and you just send the defective phone back to them) given that there are no Apple retail locations near you.

Products from any manufacturer have lemons every so often. I understand your frustration being that there's no Apple Retail location near you - but if there was one, you would most likely have a replacement within a few hours.