Apple Is Toying With You

chicagdan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
Chicago, IL
Apple proclaims that they are going "beyond the rumor sites" and yet the rumorgeeks still don't get the joke. Wake up people, they're toying with you ... they want you to dream the most outrageous silicon wet dreams of your life this weekend in rapt anticipation of ... a speech.

Those who try to find literal meaning from these advertising blurbs ... as if they are from the Oracle of Delphi ... you guys really need to get laid. Seriously, you are pawns of a corporation trying to get you into a consumer frenzy, so much so that you can't sleep until a corporate CEO's speech.

Monday will pass and whether or not Apple breaks the GhZ barrier will have zero effect on your lives, especially since there's no piece of software in creation that needs the extra speed. We live in an age of amazing hardware (computers, DVD players, HDTVs, stadium theaters) and piss poor software. Not a single classic novel has ever been written on a PowerBook. It's not the PowerBook's fault and more clock speed won't fix the problem. And no matter what Steve Jobs announces Monday, that will remain the case in the hazy moments afterwards.

[Edited by chicagdan on 01-06-2002 at 01:48 AM]

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
You're Stupid

MacWorld is about staying up and guessing what is the new thing. You should f#ck off, and never come back on this rumor site. You hear that...RUMOR site. It is made for us to guess and be excited about Apples new thing.

B

Beej

I think you're right, some people are getting way to excited over this speech :)

But you're wrong about the announcements not making a difference to people's lives. Mine? Nope. Yours? Obviously not. But Mr Photoshop down the road, or Mr Videoeditor who lives next door... they will save a lot of time in their days if we see faster Macs. A lot of people in this world spend a lot of time waiting for computers.

B

Beej

Re: You're Stupid

Originally posted by Mac_User
MacWorld is about staying up and guessing what is the new thing. You should f#ck off, and never come back on this rumor site. You hear that...RUMOR site. It is made for us to guess and be excited about Apples new thing.
That's a bit harsh... You've gotta give at least some slack to the guy (gal?) for using the phrase "they want you to dream the most outrageous silicon wet dreams of your life" :)

But this is a rumor site. People are here to speculate and have a bit of fun! :D

chicagdan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
Chicago, IL
Beej ... I'll grant you that some people will see incremental improvements in the work they do, but ya know, people have been editing on Macs and doing all kinds of creative stuff on Photoshop for years now. It's not revolutionary to improve the speed. The problem is not in the boxes, it's the lack of imagination that goes into the boxes.

Apple is certainly a much better tool for creative people than Windows machines, no question about that. But we're in something of an artistic dark age right now amid technological marvels ... and I think the two phenomena are related. We're putting too much faith in hardware to solve problems in our heads.

zim

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2002
it is with technology and apple that i found advancements in my artistic vision. yet, it is also with technology that i find my greatest frustrations. thankfully apple has kept its loyalty to the creative mind...