Apple isn't all that bad!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shareef777, Nov 22, 2016.

1. shareef777 macrumors 68000

shareef777

Sent in my 2012 rMBP for a logic board replacement under their extended video support program. Got it back with a new chassis, keyboard, and battery. They even replaced the bluetooth module I put in as it was reporting issues (cause I replaced it with a 3rd party one to get the Apple Watch unlock working).

2. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

no, they are not bad. which is why so many of us still hold hope when it comes to the Macintosh lineup.
    and congrats on getting what seems to be basically a new machine.

3. shareef777 thread starter macrumors 68000

shareef777

Thanks, hope it'll end up in a good home as I'm now selling it.

4. EgGKeith macrumors member

Their service is first class by time to time.

5. iVikD macrumors regular

iVikD

My experience with their support has been 50/50, to be honest, but they did replace the motherboard on my 2011 15" MBP thanks to that extended video support program. The main issue was the failing graphics card, but my headphone jack and SD card reader weren't working either (common issues with my model) so now everything's 100%. Basically got brand new internals.

Their products are expensive, so a lot of people feel like everyone should get a perfect product, and while I agree that this would be ideal, it isn't very realistic when we're talking about mass-produced devices in a process with some error margin. The best Apple can do in their position is offer full refunds or exchange the defective unit for a working one, and I think they handle that pretty well most of the time.

6. Ender17 macrumors regular

Glad you had a positive experience. Thanks for sharing :)

7. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

My experience has been great. Same thing happened to my iMac, video card was failing and they replaced 80% of the iMac, just before AppleCare ran out , was like a £1500 repair if I had to pay . Just have be friendly and courteous to the staff and they will look after you.