Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisH3677

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Victoria, Australia
While we've all been salivating over rumors of headless Macs, flash iPods, MS Office alternatives, iLife updates and more, Apple has quietly launched a new web page Apple IT Pro for "IT Managers and technology professionals".

This could signal the biggest change in years at Apple - bigger than anything happening tomorrow. Are they finally going to get serious about the corporate market? Are they expecting the headless iMac to appeal to the corporate market? Is the headless iMac also going to be marketed as a thin client alternative?

Imagine the campaign in the corporate market... "Do you want to run MS Office without the threat of viruses, spyware and trojans?"

I know as an IT Manager that I will be seriously considering a headless iMac as a genuine alternative.

Watch that space! :eek:

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
Dallas
I agree this is quite important... In order to make it into more homes, users get converted at work. Same thing happened with Dell PCs... People used them at worked, and figured why not at home.

ChrisH3677

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Victoria, Australia
hcuar said:
I agree this is quite important... In order to make it into more homes, users get converted at work. Same thing happened with Dell PCs... People used them at worked, and figured why not at home.

yeah -we're a dell site and heaps of the staff have subsequently bought dell at home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.