Apple iTunes support - the worst

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MTK501, May 4, 2010.

1. MTK501 macrumors newbie

This is a copy of the post I sent to Apple ITUNES. I advise anyone to think twice before purchasing form Apple. As much as I like the MAC, ITUNES and its policies bother me, especially when the problem was caused by the Apple techs. My previous post to Apple Itunes indicated the Case# where the Techs stated they would post what had happen and still the ITUNES refused to help.

( follow -up from the ITUNES RESPONSE claimed they would not allow a download then another email form them states they could not locate the movies, yet in my Itunes account/history are the dates, order numbers, and names of the movies.

Dear ITUNES:
    This is ridicules. I have now lost two sets of movies form my "backups while on the phone and following what your Apple Techs told me to do step by step. I specifically identified having my backup on the Apple TV and that they were not on my IMAC. The first step as the Apple Care Tech stated was to link my APPLE TV with my IMAC on Itunes, which it previously had done, but was not doing now. The Apple TECH stated after the movies were transferred, my APPLE Time Capsule would back them up, since it also was not backing up properly. The process was started as instructed by the TECH. After the process and not seeing the transferred movies on the IMAC a Apple TV tech was brought into the conversation and it was discovered that one step had not been followed by the Apple Tech. Now, due to the Apple Tech missing one step I am out of these three movies. I need to speak, address, the main office of Itunes- Customer Care Director. I am tired of paying for Apple Care and then your people mess it up.

MTK501

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Did you check the box stating that you are over 13 years old when you sent the form? ;)

3. Mike777 macrumors member

I find I get better results from them when I run my letter through a spellchecker and break it up so that their eyes don't get tired with a wall of text.

Being polite and calm but clearly outlining your problem will get you further than just ranting. If you have purchased those movies from iTunes they are always yours, regardless if you have "lost" them locally.

Just redownload them.

4. Mike777 macrumors member

I have formatted your text wall to what I feel they will respond better to:

instead of:

This is ridicules. I have now lost two sets of movies form my "backups while on the phone and following what your Apple Techs told me to do step by step. I specifically identified having my backup on the Apple TV and that they were not on my IMAC. The first step as the Apple Care Tech stated was to link my APPLE TV with my IMAC on Itunes, which it previously had done, but was not doing now. The Apple TECH stated after the movies were transferred, my APPLE Time Capsule would back them up, since it also was not backing up properly. The process was started as instructed by the TECH. After the process and not seeing the transferred movies on the IMAC a Apple TV tech was brought into the conversation and it was discovered that one step had not been followed by the Apple Tech. Now, due to the Apple Tech missing one step I am out of these three movies. I need to speak, address, the main office of Itunes- Customer Care Director. I am tired of paying for Apple Care and then your people mess it up.

5. wovel macrumors 68000

Your approach seems better :)

6. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Is this true?

I know this works for apps, but didn't know about this for Movies. How about Music- it doesn't allow you to re-download music does it?

7. shingi70 macrumors regular

\
    nope can't redownload music. which in all honestly is stupid. i mean why recharge for something thats free to replace. (digtal)

Thats my only gripe about itunes.

8. HBOC macrumors 68020

did you really off with your screen name here?

"sincerely,

MTK501"?

Apple may have thought this was a joke or a prank. As Mike stated, some sentence structure and some thought into the complaint would render some response. I have had some problems with some iTunes stuff, and they allowed me to re-download the media.

From the time of email composed to replied email from Apple, elapsed time was no more than 48 hours.

9. Lorenz0 macrumors regular

10. 7thMac macrumors 6502

The program has a lot of features but it can't yet read the e-mail messages that you send to it. Maybe version 10 will implement this useful functionality.

11. nastebu macrumors 6502

Because Apple pays royalties by download, so each time you downlad a music file, Apple owes royalties again--even if it's a re-download.