iPhone Apple. Jailbreaking.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by wesleywalker, Feb 27, 2013.

1. wesleywalker macrumors newbie

Can apple tell remotely if your phone is jailbroken. If so how can you block it so that apple can't tell.

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

They can't.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Sure they can. There's really no way of blocking it except for never connecting it to iTunes or taking it out of airplane mode. Does Apple care or will they do anything about it? Extremely unlikely.

4. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Well, realistically they probably could. They just don't care enough to check the what, 300 million iOS devices?

5. wesleywalker thread starter macrumors newbie

Like what if you call apple care? Or if your phone sends in diagnostics. What's the best way of preventing apple to find this out?

6. lucastatic macrumors regular

Why does it matter?

7. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

They are only going to care if you are trying to make a warranty claim. If you are making a warranty claim then restore and remove the JB

8. wesleywalker thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea but what if I want to get tech support. And or need help. I don't want my warranty voided.

9. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Restore your phone before taking it in. That's what most geniuses would do anyway unless you got an uptight one.

10. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

If you're that concerned and don't want your warranty voided, then don't jailbreak.

11. wesleywalker thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not talking about going into the store I'm talking about on the phone service

12. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

They are not monitoring your phone when you call them. That would be way too much work for the small amount of time they will be talking to you.

They cannot reach through your phone (whichever one you are calling on), examine your iPhone and then smack you upside the head with it for daring to call them while your phone is jailbroken.

If they ask you to send it in for repair/replacement, back it up, restore as new (which wipes the jailbreak) and then send it in.