Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noises

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2003
japan
ordered an imac g5 on 3 september from apple japan.
was told when i placed the order that it would ship within 2 weeks! even when queried, the girl taking the order never qualified this statement. it was either ignorance or an outright lie.

when i checked my order on the order status website it showed a shipping date of 6 october!

i last phoned apple japan on 5 october, gave my order number & was told that my imac may arrive this weekend if i was lucky, or by wednesday next week 'at the latest' (she said it may take until wednesday 'due to the holiday' - i think there's a national holiday this monday in japan).

foolishly i took her at her word again & got my hopes built up.

i checked the japan order status site again on the evening of 6 october & it is now showing a *dispatch* date of 19 october!

why can't apple japan be honest in their quoted delivery dates?

they could at least apologise for the delay.

moral: take nobody working for apple japan at their word.

i'm left wondering if i'd ordered via amazon.co.jp or mac mart japan or indeed any other apple retailer on 3 september whether i might have an imac by now.

noises

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2003
japan
sorry...

i regret posting the above, but i just wanted to get it off my chest. it's very frustrating to have hopes built up by representatives of apple japan giving customers unrealistic dates for shipping/delivery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.