Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
You do have to pay for it. It's included, not free. Have you ever tried getting "free" cereal toys and selling them?

You pay for the contract not the phone. There is a difference. Your plan doesn't increase or decrease because one phone is cheaper or more expensive.. My point still stands....

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Actually, it does. Also, when you buy an iPhone, the sales tax is at the price of the phone without the contract. You can't buy it without a contract.

Yes you can buy it without a contract. Maybe where you live you can't but in the US you can. Plus sales tax is at discounted price if you buy it at a discount..l

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
I dont understand whats the big deal, people say the iphone 5 feels "rock solid" and have some "heft" yet the damm thing weights nothings, thin and feels fragile :eek:

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
they should use the same plastic casing nokia used for the 3310's

retroneo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
If they can make the iPod nano ($149) profitably out of aluminum, why would they make a cheaper iPhone out of plastic?

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
You said that Apple gives them away for free. That is not true. Apple sells them for a substantial price through the carrier contracts.

No I didn't say "Apple gives them away for free" Once again nice try at putting words in my mouth. I said they are being given away and proved the point. I was talking about the carriers. No where did I say Apple in any of my posts. Nice try though.

1Alec1

macrumors regular
No I didn't say "Apple gives them away for free" Once again nice try at putting words in my mouth. I said they are being given away and proved the point. I was talking about the carriers. No where did I say Apple in any of my posts. Nice try though.

Nobody is giving iPhones away. The carriers make you buy a plan that includes the cost of the iPhone.

Oh, and this is from you:
and apple isn't "giving away devices?" last I checked the 3gs and now the 4 are being given away.

Either you're trolling or stupid, so that is all I have to say.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Nobody is giving iPhones away. The carriers make you buy a plan that includes the cost of the iPhone.

Oh, and this is from you:

Either you're trolling or stupid, so that is all I have to say.

The carriers are giving them away. The contract doesn't include price of phone otherwise contracts would increase for more expensive phones which they don't. So yeah anything else to say?

g4manimac

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2013
Arkansas
Yes they do "GIVE" phones away but with the iphone you have to get a costly plan in most cases.
Iphone +Expensive plan+Signed contract====To them its worth the phone to get you locked in to a plan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.