Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has begun advertising for staff positions at a planned retail store in the Austrian capital of Vienna. As noted by German tech site Flo's Weblog, multiple front-of-store job listings recently appeared on Apple's site, suggesting that the company's presence in the upmarket shopping street of Kärntner Straße isn't too far away.

Reports that Apple was planning to open a brick-and-mortar store in Austria first emerged in August, when local newspaper derStandard reported that the company was close to securing the necessary contracts on a flagship retail property formerly occupied by fashion company Esprit.

gallery_01-800x500.jpg
Image: Signa

Construction at the three-floor premises began in November, according to reports. The distinctive corner location makes the property an unmistakeable feature of the old town, and a typical premier site for a brand like Apple.

Kärntner Straße is in close proximity to Stephansplatz, the square at the geographical center of Vienna and home to the Stephansdom cathedral, one of the tallest churches in the world.

Article Link: Apple Posts Job Listings For Retail Store in the Austrian Capital of Vienna

Last edited:

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.

iPhysicist

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Dresden
I LOVE Vienna! It's good for Apple to open a store there. It's the second most livable City worldwide just 0,1 point behind Melbourne!

tedwill

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2016
Northville, MI
I LOVE Vienna! It's good for Apple to open a store there. It's the second most livable City worldwide just 0,1 point behind Melbourne!

I have to agree with you there. Although Ann Arbor, Michigan is right up there. I spent 10 days in Vienna and never wanted to leave.

dzankizakon

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2016
It's strange that they haven't opened up one ages ago given the large number of tourists in the city as well as the wealth of the residents...

macs4nw

macrumors 601
I have to agree with you there..... I spent 10 days in Vienna and never wanted to leave.
You guys realize that after reading that, I now can't rest until I visit Vienna, and Salzburg of course! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.