MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

On his Deciphering Glyph blog, the founder of Twisted posts "unboxing" photos (via Gizmodo) of a job offer he recently received from Apple. The photos unsurprisingly reveal that the company that places such emphasis on design aesthetics for both products and packaging also appears to have put a fair amount of effort into its human resources materials, resulting in a sleek appearance likely to appeal to and impress potential employees.The tension on the hinge of the folder is perfect: not too tense, not too loose. It opens easily and will lay flat on any work surface. In case I didn't actually know who they are or what it was, the words "welcome to apple" adorn the inner flap.

Tab separators along the tops of the section allow me to quickly find the files that I need. If you're not familiar with paper technology, this is not unlike the "tab" widgets you might see along the top of a browser window such as Firefox and Safari. They work by placing your finger on top of the desired "tab" and lightly pulling. Perfectly intuitive.

Article Link: Apple Job Offer 'Unboxing' Pictures Posted

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
The best part of Gizmodo's article was the part about how you wouldn't find this unboxing on Engadget or Gizmodo...No love for MacRumors' Unboxing.

Comment

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
It's important that they impress you at this point because of how underwhelmed you would be when you open it and see their actual offer.

Comment

bcshorty

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.3 Safari/531.9)

i just read an article about a job offer from apple to a guy who's impressed with the tension of the hinge on the folder.

Comment

DeepIn2U

macrumors G3
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I was just about to ask that.

It's kind of pointless if you ask me... (the unboxing)

Well it sure doesn't show resourcefulness & thought on carbon footprint that Apple has lately considered important in their product lineup.

Either way this is grande. Its little things like this that inspire employees to give it more than their best at work for Apple. To attract the best Men & Women to work for you, you must use the best lure and entice them with all that they want. This makes the potential employee feel like their the King/Queen of the castle/hill.

Comment

Bennieboy©

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2009
england
wow, never seen attention to detail on that level before :O guess they dont send many out so they can afford to be picky with the details :p

Comment

BrianMojo

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2006
Boston, MA
Considering the lighthearted nature of the blog entry that it came from, I'm amused that some of you are taking this so seriously. Also, yes, he did take the offer (see the original blog post).

Comment

The Viking

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2007
This is the same thing I got years ago... I didn't think it was that special. The training materials (and training sessions themselves), though, were magnificent.

Comment

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Considering the lighthearted nature of the blog entry that it came from, I'm amused that some of you are taking this so seriously. Also, yes, he did take the offer (see the original blog post).

Ah, but will Apple still want someone who posts secrets on websites. :) :) I wonder if he had to sign a NDA before they would make an offer? :)

Comment

quiet

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2009
This is just asking for a MacTablet

Maybe he took and posted the photos before he signed the NDA.

For me, it would be particularly impressive if they gave their job offers on new MacTablets. Environmentally friendly, too.

Comment

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.3 Safari/531.9)

i just read an article about a job offer from apple to a guy who's impressed with the tension of the hinge on the folder.

So did I. I thought it was hilarious. Didn't you? Liking the folder and tabs to a new Apple product review, etc. Pretty damn funny.

Comment

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
I was an intern with Adobe. I don't believe the offer materials were under the NDA...maybe...

anywho, same deal. Embossed logo on the folder which itself was pretty thick. Wasn't three fold like the one here but still nice. Everything was printed on gloss paper.

Comment

relativist

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2009
The best job offer goodie I got was a round tin box of cookies, the company logo was on the box. Of course, this was before the dot com bust.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.