Apple Job Seminar

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JenniferMadison, Mar 12, 2014.

1. JenniferMadison macrumors newbie

Hello all,

This is my first time using this forum so sorry if I'm in the wrong section, i know there are a few threads discussing this but i was wanting a more modern answer to this. Im trying to get a job at apple after a few unsuccessful application attempts i finally got invited to a job seminar somewhere in Colorado in like two weeks. I cant give the specific area. any details of what to expect at the event and/or advice will be much appreciated

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Don't know what to expect at Apple specifically, but in general knowing a company, it's rough history, main products and services is a good start and shows deeper interests. Also based to the job you applied for: retail, development, back office

And having an answer to: "why you want to work for our company" or "what is your main weakness"

Being yourself ...

3. mala994 macrumors newbie

Find out as much as you can about the company and know how to answer the "Why do you think you would be suited for this job" - it's asked by employers and often they do look at what you answer.

Be confident or at least pretend to be confident but not over confident. And don't make cheeky comments just incase. You never know what type of person the interviewer is - whether he/she does or doesn't mind random comments.

Just in general, know your stuff and be friendly and passionate about the job role which you have applied for and be prepared to answer any questions they may ask you which are job related as well as few personal questions.

Good luck!

4. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Best thing to do in the seminars is come across as loving Apple and all their products.

Another thing that helps is having zero technical awareness of the products

Alternatively, if you really want to grab their attention, talk at great length about how you think they've really fallen behind Samsung in terms of innovation and need to step up their game, and that you'd be surprised if they're even still around in 18 months.