Apple just keeps making these more and more unserviceable!

vemac575

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2018
Well, got my Vega equipped Macbook Pro in today and opened it up to apply some liquid metal thermal paste...

I swear Apple just creates for safeguards to keep you from being able to service these machines. I am getting sick of this crap. Working on this Mac could end up in a serious physical injury due to the new security measure that have been implemented with the new GPU.

Sending it back... Click on the link to see what was unveiled. Let me know if you find a fix for this. It's a HUGE problem.

http://tinypic.com/r/2i0rfow/9
[doublepost=1542582888][/doublepost]Something a little light for this forum. :p:D;)

Happy Thanksgiving.

Reactions: SDColorado

1096bimu

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2017
Well, got my Vega equipped Macbook Pro in today and opened it up to apply some liquid metal thermal paste...

I swear Apple just creates for safeguards to keep you from being able to service these machines. I am getting sick of this crap. Working on this Mac could end up in a serious physical injury due to the new security measure that have been implemented with the new GPU.

Sending it back... Click on the link to see what was unveiled. Let me know if you find a fix for this. It's a HUGE problem.

http://tinypic.com/r/2i0rfow/9
[doublepost=1542582888][/doublepost]Something a little light for this forum. :p:D;)

Happy Thanksgiving.
Honestly, how many people do you think has "the ability to be disassembled and apply liquid metal by my self" as a must-have feature of their laptop?
And how many people has "thin, light and reliable" as a very important if not the most important feature?

It's simple math, you're simply too niche to matter, nobody cares about your needs because there are hardly any like you.

vemac575

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2018
Honestly, how many people do you think has "the ability to be disassembled and apply liquid metal by my self" as a must-have feature of their laptop?
And how many people has "thin, light and reliable" as a very important if not the most important feature?

It's simple math, you're simply too niche to matter, nobody cares about your needs because there are hardly any like you.
Is this post a joke?

@SDColorado
Can you tell me if this guy's post is a joke to you? Am I missing something? Seems pretty serious like he didn't get the joke of the thread. I'm so confused.