Apple just replaced my phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FyerFyer, Jun 29, 2017.

1. FyerFyer macrumors regular

FyerFyer

For whatever reason Apple just completely replaced my iPhone 6s free of charge. The phone is out of warranty over a year.

I'm not sure why as it was the battery that was causing issues however I was originally told via the support app that my phone would be serviced for a charge, To add, the model was not on the faulty battery list published last year.

Was pleasantly surprised as I bought the phone in Australia and it was replaced in Spain!

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Not real uncommon. If Apple sees a problem it can not fix they will replace sometimes, even when out of warranty. You can not beat that kind of service, no other phone maker even comes close.

Enjoy your new phone.

3. FyerFyer thread starter macrumors regular

FyerFyer

Thanks buddy

I was very impressed as like I said it was completely free!

I've been a big critic of Apple's reluctance to keep up with features compared to the rest of the market but their customer service does seem to continually improve.

4. FyerFyer thread starter macrumors regular

FyerFyer

One quick thing worth mentioning was that my new phone was already waiting, I think.

Either I missed something or the staff side of the Genius Bar is stocked up with phones but he literally discovered the resolution and then produced the boxed phone, literally out of thin air.

Does anyone know if the Genius Bar has some sort of technical delivery system to the bar staff as he didn't leave me yet produced this phone, pretty amazing as it was exactly the right color, gb size and model.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Depending on the layout of the store, the drawers holding the white box replacements can be right next to the Genuises.

6. Eggtastic macrumors 6502a

Eggtastic

This is one reason that I opt to stay with iPhone vs. try other android devices no matter how appealing they are. When my samsung crapped out twice (s3) back in 2010, I had to send it back and wait 2-3 weeks each time to get a refurbished phone. I had to use an old blackberry pearl sitting in my drawer (loved that phone so didn't matter).

When my iPhone 6 camera was crapping out, they replaced it in 45 minutes and didn't charge me a dime.