Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dopeyman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Los Angeles!
I took out all the keys from the keyboard to clean it out... But I completely forgot where the little plastic piece was located..

Anyone know where it belongs?

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,388
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 350
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 335

macalec

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
I took out all the keys from the keyboard to clean it out... But I completely forgot where the little plastic piece was located..

Are you sure that belongs to the Apple keyboard? The font does not look the same as the other keys.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
That belongs inside of the keyboard. It's job it to keep the cable within its groove so that it doesn't get pulled out.

Dopeyman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Los Angeles!

Thank you for the reply... But no, it's not the page up key...

----------

Are you sure that belongs to the Apple keyboard? The font does not look the same as the other keys.

Thank you for the reply.... Yes, it belongs to the keyboard.. I just can't remember where it went..

----------

That belongs inside of the keyboard. It's job it to keep the cable within its groove so that it doesn't get pulled out.

Thank you for the reply.... Are you sure it's from the inside??? I didn't open the keyboard at all... I only removed all the keys...

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Thank you for the reply.... Yes, it belongs to the keyboard.. I just can't remember where it went..

Just inside the keyboard. In the centre just below where the cord goes in. Open the keyboard and you'll see exactly where it fits.

crmedinar

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2014
i took out all the keys from the keyboard to clean it out... But i completely forgot where the little plastic piece was located..

hi, that piece goes under the plastic panel you show, just over three holes over the wire very close to the edge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.