Resolved Apple Keyboard and iPhone 3GS, help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AshGSmith, Jun 23, 2011.

1. AshGSmith, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011

AshGSmith macrumors member

Hi guys, not 100% if this is the right section, but here goes!

I've just bought a 21.5" iMac and obviously got a free wireless Apple keyboard. I've been having a play trying to get the keyboard to connect to my iPhone 3GS, but the iPhone doesn't even discover it in the Bluetooth menu.

I've been searching for a connection guide but I can't find one, so if someone could give me instructions I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,
    Ash

2. wnaylor macrumors newbie

Apple wireless keyboard

Make sure that your wireless keyboard is not connected to your iMac. If it is, disconnect it using the bluetooth menu. After you disconnect from your iMac try again using the settings app from your iPhone. If you need further help let me know.

3. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Just tried that. Works like a charm..I didnt even know you could do this. I also have a digital AV adapter. I tried setting that up but nothing worked for me.

4. AshGSmith thread starter macrumors member

I tried that but it's not coming up in the bluetooth devices list on the iPhone. It's just searching for more but never finding them :( The iPhone 3GS is compatible isn't it?

5. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

make sure the keyboard isnt paired with the mac. Then turn on bluetooth on your phone and turn on the keyboard.. the keyboard should have a small green LED that flashes indicating its NOT paired with anything. Then choose it on your phone. if the green LED isnt flashing it is paired with something else.

Yes, it is compatible.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4112

6. AshGSmith thread starter macrumors member

Managed to get it working in the end, the issue was that it was automatically pairing to the iMac before the phone could get chance! As soon as I moved out of the reach of the iMac's bluetooth everything worked brilliantly.

Thanks for all your help! :)