Apple Keyboard and Macbook Pro

JustCrusin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2011
I purchased an AmazonBasics bluetooth keyboard for use with my Macbook pro. Unfortunately if the keyboard sits for 20 minutes or so it disconnects and takes 5 - 10 seconds to reconnect to my Macbook.

I'm wondering if the Apple keyboard exhibits the same behavior when used with a Macbook Pro. I want to type on the keyboard and have it register immediately with my Macbook Pro.

Thanks.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
I purchased an AmazonBasics bluetooth keyboard for use with my Macbook pro. Unfortunately if the keyboard sits for 20 minutes or so it disconnects and takes 5 - 10 seconds to reconnect to my Macbook.

I'm wondering if the Apple keyboard exhibits the same behavior when used with a Macbook Pro. I want to type on the keyboard and have it register immediately with my Macbook Pro.

Thanks.
Mine doesn't do that except when waking the computer from sleep.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I'm wondering if the Apple keyboard exhibits the same behavior when used with a Macbook Pro.
No, it doesn't. I've used the Apple Wireless Keyboard with a MBP for 4 years. It works fine, with no disconnects. I like it better than any keyboard I've ever used, bar none. I highly recommend it!

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
No, it doesn't. I've used the Apple Wireless Keyboard with a MBP for 4 years. It works fine, with no disconnects. I like it better than any keyboard I've ever used, bar none. I highly recommend it!
Same here. I use the Apple keyboard and I never have a problem and I also think the Apple keyboard is the best keyboard I've used, and I've used quite a few very expensive keyboards.

user418

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2010
The Apple wireless keyboard works great especially if you have your MBP resting on the Rain mstand. I have had no problems with disconnects. I also use the Apple trackpad with the same great results.