Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

afd

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
Hi does anyone know of a USB Flash Drive that will work with a mac keyboard. I have an old 128MB crucial one that does and I know the old shuffle does but I am looking for a cheap large capacity one that the keyboard has the power to supply.

Thanks

Alan

davegoody

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
Nottingham, England.
Depends on what machine you are using the keyboard with !

Hi does anyone know of a USB Flash Drive that will work with a mac keyboard. I have an old 128MB crucial one that does and I know the old shuffle does but I am looking for a cheap large capacity one that the keyboard has the power to supply.

Thanks

Alan

If you are using your keyboard with a Laptop (PB/iBook/MB/MBP) then you may find more problems than if you are using a desktop machine. The Laptop USB ports are less capable of driving high-current devices than the desktop ones. I use a 4Gb Unbranded stick on my 17" G4 PB, it works fine on the USB port, but won't work on the KB USB port. Using the same Keyboard on my iMac, it works fine.

Good luck

afd

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
Thanks for the reply, I want to use it with a 12" G4 PB (no external keyboard), a g3 iMacDV and a G5 iMac both with the apple keyboard that came with it.
Where did you get your unbranded drive? If that works with an iMacs keyboard that would do for me.

Thanks

Alan

davegoody

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
Nottingham, England.
No problem !

Thanks for the reply, I want to use it with a 12" G4 PB (no external keyboard), a g3 iMacDV and a G5 iMac both with the apple keyboard that came with it.
Where did you get your unbranded drive? If that works with an iMacs keyboard that would do for me.

Thanks

Alan

Got the USB stick on Ebay, if I can find the buyer details I will private message you with them later.

Regards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.