Apple keyboard doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Brunchies, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Brunchies macrumors newbie

Hello, I have a wireless aluminum keyboard that I got with my mac about 2 years ago. This problem started happening yesterday where my z key stopped working and before that, if you pressed it once, the computer would think you are holding it down. Next whenever i press any key on the row under the numbers, the computer thinks i'm pressing the key and the key above it. For example, when i type in r, the computer types in r4. same with q,w,e,t,y,u,i, and o. P isn't effected for some reason, It randomly happened and the problem carries over to bootcamp. Please help and for more of an idea, heres some more examples.

q1 w2 e3 r4 t5 y6 u7 i8 o9

I also installed keytweak on the windows side but i'm certain it only happens in windows and to be safe i got rid of all the keytweak tweaks in the registry. I tried everything on the apple website about this issue and nothing helped, including the booting from install disk option, the problem happens there too. If its a problem with the keyboard firmware, please tell me how to fix it. Any and all help will be appreciated.

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Do you have AppleCare on your Mac? If so, the keyboard is covered under that extended warranty. You can call Apple and have them arrange to send you a replacement.