Apple KeyBoard German Edition?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by KillingSpree, Jul 24, 2008.

1. KillingSpree macrumors member

Is there a version of this keyboard(the Usb 2.0 one) that is german(German Keys) if anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it!
    Thanks in Advanced if anyone finds one.(not sure if this is the right forum sorry)

2. dominordelingua macrumors member

3. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

4. KillingSpree thread starter macrumors member

5. KillingSpree thread starter macrumors member

6. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....finding it on the Apple.de website is one thing, actually getting one (if you are not in Germany) at a reasonable cost is another.

I wanted an Apple russian keyboard and called Apple Canada and several shops to try and get them to get one for me. No luck at all. I ended up just buying one when I was in Moscow....oh yeah!

7. phew44 macrumors newbie

Don't buy a german keyboard, dude. They are awful. I'm getting myself a US keyboard as we speak, because coding is impossibly stupid on german keyboards. Not just Apple's, though.

You can still use alt-A/O/U für the ÄÖÜ characters. And you don't break your fingers while accessing the braces.

For non-german typists:

( = shift-8
    [ = altgr-8
    { = altgr-7

on german keyboards.

And so on. It's programmer's hell.

8. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

The Belgian Apple store got a whole range of keyboards including the German one.

Afbeelding 2.png

9. SimplyMints macrumors newbie

SimplyMints

I've tried buying a German keyboard from every angle, and they're STILL not available anywhere in America. Apple customer service in the American countries were rather rude about it too. European Apple customer service were just airheads, but at least they were courteous. Unfortunately, I won't be in Europe any time soon, so I've had to settle for a German Windows keyboard, which doesn't make my desk look so clean, but at least I can keep my pens and fingernail file on it :rolleyes: I try to look on the bright side.

Oh, and it's the American keyboard that's the nightmare if the German keyboard is the one you're used to (she says 9½ months later). I've been programming on German keyboards for 20 years, and the location of the keys has never bothered me. Though back then, programming languages were more efficient, and didn't need {} or [].

10. Gustavo macrumors newbie