Apple Keyboard Issues

SolidSnake

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
I'm having a problem with my Apple keyboard. I've had it for almost a year now and it's giving me problems. Last night i got my computer [Mini] and when i went to open up safari i could not type anything. and when a left click and right click i get the right click menu. Keep in mind that this has happened before and i've switched keyboards. When i use my alternative keyboard everything works okay. And i still have my apple keyboard in and when i press the volume up + down (which i really need) i have to press a couple of keys on my other keyboard to get the proper function back with my mouse + keyboard. Sorry if this sounds confusing but i need to know what is going on. Any ideas?

PYR0M310N

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2006
is your keyboard plugged into a usb hub rather than directly into the mac, as i have found that this makes a difference

SolidSnake

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
Wired, and i did have it into a hub, but then i plugged in it directly to my Mini. Same thing :mad:

SolidSnake

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
I just plugged into my windows machine. Same results. It's almost like a key is being pressed down so i can't use the other keys. but i don't know what is going on.

SolidSnake

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
Yea it works, but when i left click it gives me the right click menu and i can't click on anything. Same thing with the Right click button. I'll take a look at the keys.

SolidSnake

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
No I'm using a Microsoft Mouse. And that hasn't gave me problems + I'm not using there software. I'm pretty sure it's the keyboard. I really don't understand it.

[Edit] It starting working properly, i don't know what i did, i took all of the keys out from the bottom row, ctrl, alt, apple, space, ect and then i tried to type and click and now it's working. It's really confusing me now because that's what happened before. I guess my problem is pretty much solved? I plan on getting a Kensington Apple keyboard anyway by christmas. Thanks for the help.