Apple Keyboard - Key stopped working

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tom., Oct 5, 2008.

1. tom. macrumors 6502

tom.

Currently writing on a different keyboard, which totally sucks. On the random the 'b' key has stopped working on my Apple Keyboard which i got with my MP in January. In honesty I can't be bothered to drive 100 miles to the closest Apple store to get them to replace this under warranty, anyone have any great ideas about how i can prod this key back to life? Or whether they will just send me one, and collect this one?

Cheers guys and gals!

2. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Not everyone lives within accessible distance of an Apple Store. They should be able to do a mail replacement/repair.

3. tom. thread starter macrumors 6502

tom.

Given them a ring this morning, they offer no such service. I can either bring it in to an Apple store or an Authorised Repair Centre. Going to have to go for the latter option.

Cheers

4. tom. thread starter macrumors 6502

tom.

UPDATE: Called AppleCare this time, instead of a store. They are sending out a new one, all I have to do is return the old one in the new box within 2 weeks.

Great stuff. :)

5. CoryOBrien macrumors newbie

My B key is having issues as well. Works sometimes, doesn't other times. Strange that we're having the same issue. Wonder if they had some problem with a batch of the keyboards. Guess it's time for a call to Apple.

6. tom. thread starter macrumors 6502

tom.

UPDATE: They sent me the wrong one. I got to keep it for free, and NOW I have a new Alu Keyboard.

Took long enough but now i have two!