Apple Keyboard Length?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Laco, May 17, 2008.

1. Laco macrumors 6502

I'm thinking of buying the apple wired keyboard....however on the apple website i can't find the length of the cord and this is sort of important in my decision making process. Does anyone know? Also any experiences with this product? i know the usb hub isn't supposed to push out a lot of power is this true? and lastly can you buy this at an apple store....

haha sorry that's a lot

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It's two feet, it's USB 2.0, and you can't get them at an Apple store....

3. Mikey- macrumors regular

I meaure mine at 90cm, you can pick them up and any Apple store or Apple reseller. I'm not sure about the USB ports giving out alot of power.

4. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

panoz7

What does that mean?

The keyboard comes with an extension cord in the box so length shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I've got the wireless version, and I absolutely love it. It seems like people either love it like me or can't stand it. I'm quite fond of the short travel keys and I type more accurately and faster with them, but plenty of people seem to have the opposite experience. They do in-fact have them at the apple store so I'd go try one out for yourself before you buy.

5. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Does anyone know if the wireless one is going to come with a numpad (Yes I know this is a PC term) soon?

6. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

It's not a PC term, it's very universal. I doubt it. It seems that Apple is killing off productivity in their hardware with each upgrade. All jokes aside, there is no number pad and I don't think there will be one anytime soon. Unless Apple makes a wireless PRO keyboard.

I have the wireless one and it's great for laptops, since they don't have number pads anyway. When you hook your book up to a larger display and have the book sitting up higher as a second display the keyboard is a must have. I can't stand the travel and the cheap feel however. I wish they stuck with the old model or didn't use the somewhat awful looking Mac Book keys, but whatever, you get used to it.

7. Laco thread starter macrumors 6502

8. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Apple has patented similar functionality, so perhaps we'll see something similar in a few years at a lower price.

9. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

This thing is a piece of junk. There should be an awareness requirement for this thing, so that no one will bring it up. Most of us are trying to forget that this thing even exists.

Read the story behind it and you will see why.