Apple Keyboard mock up

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by o0samotech0o, Feb 26, 2009.

1. o0samotech0o macrumors regular

Hey guys, did this very quickly, and this version is for leftys, (if they use the mouse on the right).

Having a small multi touch trackpad built into the keyboards, for multi touch gestures such as resizing windows and rotating pictures, on a desktop Mac.

Can't work out how to have the trackpad on the right side without looking awkward, so i just made it on the left for now, but it would be a lot more convenient on the left (whilst browsing, interacting with the computer in general)

the interaction on the real one would be done using the left hand, whilst using the mouse. Simple but oh so useful.

I could do better mock ups, but what do you think?

-Sam

Attached Files:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You'd hit the arrow keys and throw your workspace all to oblivion.

3. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

4. mik34 macrumors member

You need black keys

Like the idea, but with the whole mac lineup going aluminum and black, the new keyboards need black keys.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I hate the black keys, black hinge and black bezel! It makes the MacBooks look more like other PCs. I'd prefer they keep the white keys, or, preferably, silver! That, along with the glossy screen, will keep me from buying a unibody.

6. o0samotech0o thread starter macrumors regular

i think i'll make another mock up with the trackpad at the far left hand side.

Good idea? I should tell Mr Jobs.

7. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

On the left? Or is this again for left handed people, surely it would make sense to have the trackpad connect to the USB ports, and then have a USB port on the end to still allow you to connect a mouse to the right side.

I'll do a mockup in a bit, eating tea at the moment :p

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I always drank it! That must be some strong tea! Do you use a spoon or fork? :D

9. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Spork! What do you call the last meal of the day :confused: I've always known it as tea.

Breakfast
    Lunch
    Tea

Back on topic: Here's my mockup. Could be sold as a stand alone as well.

Attached Files:

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I always thought "tea" was a break sometime in the afternoon, not another name for a meal. Show's you how much I know! We call it Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (or Supper). In my case, I call them Coffee, Snack and Dinner! :D
    That's a much more natural position for the trackpad... where the mouse would be.

11. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

My favorite idea I've seen is an external trackpad. I've seen some mockups here on MR, but being able to make desktops have multi-touch technology is something I'd love to see in the future.

I'm thinking a trackpad that is a little bit smaller than a mouse pad, connects via USB. Besides, I hardly ever use a mouse anymore anyway.

12. o0samotech0o thread starter macrumors regular

That is a great idea, and could be plugged into either end :D

Awesome. How do you do that sorta stuff in photoshop, it's awesomely cool. I just suck at editing. i just got white, and the background color of the aluminum and went from there, but something that looks as realistic as that is plain awesome :D

-Sam

13. o0samotech0o thread starter macrumors regular

but it should be on the left side of the keyboard, for the average computer user who uses their mouse in their right hand. I wasn't thinking of the trackpad being used as a mouse, purely for interactive gestures, which would make the whole OS easier to edit and use. :)

-Sam

14. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I took the pr images of the apple keyboard and the Macbook Pro, then copied the edges of the apple keyboard and pasted the track pad over the (merged togather) edges, boom, done, obviously there was a little bit of colour correction, layering etc, but that's basically what I did.

15. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

What's with everyone's obsession with multitouch? :rolleyes:

16. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

When I had the 4 finger swiping using that hacked kext file, I loved it, and was so disappointed when I had to remove it (kept causing my KB and TP to freeze/turn off)

17. o0samotech0o thread starter macrumors regular

because it could do so much more than it is currently doing. Apple needs to expand this feature i think.

-Sam

18. o0samotech0o thread starter macrumors regular

Low and behold a year and a bit later, it happened. :)

19. gelinasbrian macrumors member

gelinasbrian

I agree with you completely. I been looking for a broken black Macbook so I can scavenge the keys from it for my wireless keyboard. I think it will look pretty slick and also avoid the discoloration that my white Macbook's keyboard has.:D