Apple keyboard on Windows

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ouimetnick, Dec 25, 2009.

1. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Good morning everybody. I got an Apple keyboard for Christmas. Its the wired version with a number keypad. I really love this thing. I have it plugged into my Windows system. I haven't made any mistakes typing yet. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. I just thought I would share this with you.
    the control alt delete keys on the keyboard, do the same as they do on Windows keyboard. The Command key is the Windows Key. The numeric key pad part, doesn't work, but thats a computer issue, as the Dell keyboard behaved the same way. So in Vista, If you know how to change it, let me know. Also if there is any way to program the top keys like the eject key to eject the DVD player, let me know. Also is it possible to program the play/pause and next track and previous track keys? Thank You so much. Its very exiting for me that typing got a whole lot easier and more enjoyable.

Happy Holidays,
    ouimetnick

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

With the number pad issue, did you try hitting the Num Lock/Clear key to activate the pad. Windows by default leaves it off on startup. TEG