Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I've been noticing something over the last few weeks. I usually move my mouse or tap the space bar to wake up the computer then type in my password. Once in awhile the dots will scroll across the screen after I type the first letter. It doesn't do this all the time. Just once in awhile. I've found that I can fix the problem for a little while by turing off the keyboard then reconnecting. At some point, maybe a day or a few days later, it will happen again. I'm going to guess I've had the keyboard for at least 18 months and I haven't spilled anything on it.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
That is normal after waking the computer. I think it just takes a second to register back with Bluetooth. It is not a problem though.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
It did do it before though. I could just wake it up and start typing. I'll take a few extra seconds after I wake the computer to see if that changes anything.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I replaced the keyboard last month and found that wasn't the problem. I might be wrong but I don't think this should happen after waking the computer. Anyone else have this problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.