Apple keyboard question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Staindsoul, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

I like the bluetooth wireless keyboard but find it a tad bit too small. Any rumors of Apple releasing a newer one?

Whats the best alternative to one?

2. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

There haven't been any stories posted here about the keyboard, so I doubt it. (On the other hand, there usually aren't a bunch of stories about it, though I recall some leaks of the aluminum redesign when this style was new. That, and they really don't update it all that frequently.)

Personally, I'm using the old Bluetooth keyboard--the white one--because I like the numeric keypad. If you're fine with everything else on the current one, I know some company makes a matching Bluetooth keypad, but you can find others (Microsoft and probably Logitech) as well.

That's the only personal experience I have. I'm sure you'd find that most Bluetooth keyboards work, and USB-dongle wireless keyobards are almost sure to work (although I personally avoid them for the dongle), even if some keys are a bit Windows-y (i.e., no true Cmd key). Perhaps someone else can chime in on this one.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. Staindsoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

Awesome, thanks for the help. Anyone use they numberpad adapter thingy? Some of the pics make it look like it stands out alot from the Apple keyboard (in terms of quality)

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I haven't used it, but every review I've read gives it high marks.

6. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

I haven't, so I can't comment personally. However, I did read that its body is made from plastic rather than aluminum, so I suspect that's what the difference you perceive is. (And, yes, the Amazon link is, apparently, not the cheapest--shop around. :))

You can use it either attached or separately. I think the only thing that would bother me is the arrangement of the keys on its left side, but it's probably the best they could do (since the original already has arrow keys that would normally go under the home/end, pg up/dn, and delete keys they are including there).

7. IceMacMac macrumors 6502

Staindsoul,

Is mobility essential to your keyboard needs?

I found the hassle and expense of keyboard batteries to be a needless downer.