Apple Keyboard vs. Logitech dinovo mac. help?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stefmesman, Aug 3, 2010.

1. stefmesman macrumors 6502

hello mac people!

so im updating my workspace. and i want it to be completely cable clutter free. i currently own a apple wired QWERTY with num pad. i do want to keep my num pad. but i want it to be cable free. so i looked into alternatives. and guess what. not many to find.

one i did find was the logitech dinovo mac from 2008 (not the edge). does anyone have experience with this keyboard? do you personally think it types/performs better then the apple keyboard? is it more comfortable? i dont mind spending some bucks.

does any one know any other wireless keyboards for mac with num pad?

Logitech Dinovo mac edition:
    [​IMG]

thanks for your help.

Stef Mesman

2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

I have a logitech wave set I got off the clearance shelf for $35 (50% off) and I switch it between my win7 and OSX machines as needed...I'm happy with it and it wasn't a lot of $$.

I don't really know if there's any apple functions it won't do but the box does say its OSX compatible (its using 2.4Ghz wireless vs. BT though if that matters to you)...

3. moocat macrumors member

I had the dinovo edge. It is very nice but a little bulky. The numpad is great. In the end though I decided to get the apple wireless and keep a wired around for when I need to use the numpad. If desk space is not an issue the dinovo will be good. If you want to be minimalist go with the apple wireless.

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I kind of had that dilemma myself, but I ended up going with the apple wired with num pad. It is my favorite keyboard I have ever used, and I do a good bit of work in excel, so the num pad comes in handy there too. I would like the wireless capability, but I really don't mind it being wired.

5. stefmesman thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the advice :D the thing is. they dont sell the logitech dinovo edge in my state. i do not mind bulky ive got room. i was talking about the regular logitech dinovo mac edition.

edit: just found out that the dinovo edge doesnt have num pad either.

thanks ill look into this one. doesnt look as pleasant as the dinovo though.

6. jbrettz macrumors member

7. SamTheeGeek macrumors 6502

SamTheeGeek

i got the dinovo edge windows edition that comes with mouse pad and touch volume sensors and i gotta say it sucks ! the touch feature hangs up and activates with any contact of dust :S , so as long there keyboard doesnt have touch features i guess your good,

for typing their keyboard is great :)

8. ranguvar macrumors 6502

I got the diNovo Mac Edition. It's a great keyboard.

9. stefmesman thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the advice. but the page gives me a ''cable length'' on the keyboard. does this mean its wired? im looking for a wireless one.

good to know these kind of things. thanks!

could u tell me the difference/ up and downs between the diNovo Mac edition and the regular apple keyboard? thank you very much :D

10. stefmesman thread starter macrumors 6502