Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iWinnipegger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
I went out to go buy a Apple Keyboard because it's a great looking keyboard but i noticed that there wasn't any USB ports on the sides. did apple remove them, after i saw this i didn't buy it. Did apple remove them or do they make another one with them. And if they removed them.....WHY?!? ? WHY>!>

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
I went out to go buy a Apple Keyboard because it's a great looking keyboard but i noticed that there wasn't any USB ports on the sides. did apple remove them, after i saw this i didn't buy it. Did apple remove them or do they make another one with them. And if they removed them.....WHY?!? ? WHY>!>

They are on the back.

kwood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
In the Great White North.

Did you look on the back? The Apple Keyboard has 2 USB 1.1 ports on the back.

zub3qin

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Did you look on the back? The Apple Keyboard has 2 USB 1.1 ports on the back.

Does this make it EXTREMELY slow if you attach a usb drive to it?
What possible use is there for the USB 1.1 except to add a mouse?

Thanks.

jshbckr

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Does this make it EXTREMELY slow if you attach a usb drive to it?
What possible use is there for the USB 1.1 except to add a mouse?

Thanks.

Mouse and other input devices (I've used ShuttlePro, Wacom tablets). Other small peripherals that don't require power or high speed, like printers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.