Apple Keyboards - More possible shortcuts with a full sized apple keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ptjh, Jul 26, 2009.

1. ptjh macrumors regular

Simple question. Do I get more shortcut assignability with the full sized apple keyboard or not? I figure I may not because the number's across the top and the numbers on the number pad probably just duplicate the same function. I'm going to buy an apple keyboard for use with ableton live and logic and may as well get the small one if the number pad doesn't give me more shortcut assignability.

I'm not considering the bluetooth version as it's supposed to be a battery muncher - anyone disagree?

Thanks

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

It definitely is a battery muncher, it really amazes me because every other battery powered keyboard I have owned would last at a minimum two times longer, but all of them offer way more features.

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Its not a battery muncher for me, but then again I've always had rechargables and recently switched to an all Eneloop lineup

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yah the BT keyboard does chug down the batteries pretty quick. I dont know if its because I don't turn mine off at all or what. It's suppose to go to sleep after inactivity so I dunno.

I have the full size keyboard as well so it don't matter.