Apple Killed iTunes Video Tagging!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jon31rm, Sep 9, 2009.

1. jon31rm macrumors member

EDIT: While you could with iTunes 8, it appears that iTunes 9 will not allow you to tag any media that is synced wirelessly (e.g. AEBS or Time Capsule).

2. devburke Guest

Um… it’s working for me. Are these videos you imported yourself or downloaded from iTunes?

3. jon31rm thread starter macrumors member

Both. I've got personal videos as well as store purchased movies and TV shows.

4. jon31rm thread starter macrumors member

I found the problem.

All of my movies and TV shows are synced to my iTunes wirelessly through an external drive connected to my AEBS.

While iTunes 8 allowed you to edit tags wirelessly, it appears iTunes 9 will not.

Definitely not as big of an issue, but still kind of annoying...

5. bohbot16 macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

It's working fine for me with my videos on my AEBS. Did you accidentally unmount yours?

6. jon31rm thread starter macrumors member

No, everything worked fine before the update (I do a lot of tagging). Just can't seem to edit tags for any media on a wireless hard drive.

If you select more than one file at a time in iTunes, the fields are activated where you actually can edit them, but iTunes won't accept the changed (aka nothing happens). One file selected and the fields are disabled.

Hmm

7. devburke Guest

Check your permissions, maybe for some reason you’re only getting read permissions for that drive, or at least the folder on the drive.