Apple Knowledge Navigator

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Aniej, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I am not really sure, but I think this video is from 1990. I saw it a long time ago and forgot about it until running into it again now. It is actually a pretty cool and interesting video. It seems like one of the old "concept" videos showing what will technology be like in 20 years, unfortunately the date that they have looked into the future too is 2010, suggesting the video is a bit dated haha. Nevertheless, it is fun and still relevant to those of us thinking about technology issues and development of this nature.

Here is a link to the video, it is just over 5 mins.

2. oxymoron2007 macrumors member

Interesting video. A lot of the technology that wasn't around/affordable when this video was made now is: flat panel screen, touch screens, high-quality video conferencing, wireless networking, flash memory & a lot of this technology is currently implemented in Apple's products (Macbooks, Airport, bluetooth, multi-touch, built-in isight).

The only striking piece that currently is still far off from current tech is the level of human-computer interfacing. In the video, the artificial intelligence, voice recognition, text-to-speech technologies were far from what any consumer product currently has. But still an interesting concept.