Apple Laptop Repair Guarantee

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by choffy, Dec 13, 2012.

1. choffy macrumors member

choffy

My Genius Bar took my rMBP to replace the screen (image retention) and to replace the case (was creaking and I convinced the guy it was bad for the case to tap the battery). However, I'm just wondering if Apple guarantees their work. What if I get my laptop back and it still has image retention problems, or the case still creaks? Will Apple fix it again?

Just would like a little peace of mind, and a Google search didn't turn anything up for me.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, if it's not fixed, just take it back.

3. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Yes - if store will not fix it. Call AppleCare - Customer Relations Advisor can move Apple mountains.

4. Dyno-Mike macrumors regular

The chances are good that they'll replace it with a Samsung screen. Which doesn't have the IR.
    Most peoples reports on here verify this and I too had mine replaced with one. good luck

5. anarti macrumors regular

I had mine LG replaced to Samsung within 2 days. Unfortunately, Samsungs isn't that nice as LG, it has uneven colors, some yellow and blue tint, not as nice and uniform as LG was. There is one great points though - no IR.

I think I will take it to store once again to replace that Samsung for another Samsung. Machine is too expensive to keep it with problems.

6. boto macrumors 6502

boto

Check it in-store before signing the release form. They can deny you service if they feel its unnecessary the next time around, but most likely shouldn't. Make certain that they didn't cause any cosmetic damages to your machine before you exit the store or else they will claim it is your fault. The genius will be required to compensate another repair or something in return if you inform them on the spot.