MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

In something of a surprise move, Apple has launched its annual Back to School promotion for education customers in a number of its international online stores alongside the U.S. and Canadian promotion. Apple has typically offered the promotion outside of the United States and Canada later in the calendar year.

The promotion is available to education customers purchasing a Mac and an iPod on the same receipt through September 8th. In many cases, Apple's offer appears to be better than in previous years. For example, this year's UK promotion is offering rebates of up to £145, while last year's promo topped out at £95.

The full list of country-specific stores now advertising the promotion includes: Austria, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and United States.

Article Link: Apple Launches Additional Back-to-School Promotions Internationally

foobarbaz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2007
Really unusual. Looks like they don't want us to get the new iPods with our rebate this year. Hmm. This is less rebate than we got last year (on the same MacBooks and iPods), even when including the printer promo...

Comment

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Are the P7450 based WhiteBooks available outside the US yet?

Yes, they're certainly in the UK store (they bumped the price £30 as well), and I assume they're in other countries' stores as well. Too busy to check through them all now.

Comment

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Yes, they're certainly in the UK store (they bumped the price £30 as well), and I assume they're in other countries' stores as well. Too busy to check through them all now.

Most countries got them at the same time as the US save for those in Europe which had to wait a day.
Thank you for the update and clarification on that situation.

Comment

iStudentUK

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2009
London
Yeah!!!

Wasn't expecting the BTS in UK until September.

Was going to have to get the White MB in a few weeks, so an extra £25 (the £30 becomes £25 with student discount) for better laptop and £20 for iPod touch! I'll take that!

Comment

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
They probably decided to do this because last year, when the new Macbooks were launched - the UK store had the 'backtoschool' promo running whilst the US store didn't. The UK SBU must of lost quite a bit with people buying the new units with a heafty discount on top of it.

Looks like new product launches may become the norms in October'ish - once the promo's are finished with.

Comment

Wing

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2009
I am planning to buy a 20" iMac in the UK, how much I can rebate for an iPod?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.