Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LiE_

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2013
UK
You used to get a lot more on this deal. Now they are giving you a $129 product instead of the past offers which were great. Cook continues to burn through Apple good will. Just a few years ago you could get $300 pair of Beats over ear headphones.

Over priced headphones that you can’t resell because no one wants them aren’t really worth singing about.

I returned my iPP today no issues. There isn’t any stock locally and delivery looks like 3-4 weeks. So for now I’ll sit sight and ponder my options. I am tempted to keep the money aside until September.

nameste

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2016
Out of topic does the AirPods pro worth extra ?Never used AirPods either

UnusedLoginID

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2012
The article should be edited.
it’s no longer called “back-to-school” promotion, but Higher Education promotion (in the US) and clearly advertises the promo for College (US) and University (outside the US).
Sounds like Apple got spanked for advertising something a tad bit too generic.
The wording makes it clear that it does not apply to a student that’s not in College/University.
[automerge]1594318738[/automerge]
Out of topic does the AirPods pro worth extra ?Never used AirPods either
If the AirPods - which are not in-ear - don’t fit you and always fall, then definitely the extra US$90 is worth it. Notwithstanding the fact that they have active noise cancelling and better sound.

hidekigomi

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2014
I often feel students have more money to spend things like this than adults like us do.....

Mikypiky

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2020
I received my macbook air almost a month ago and when I called, I was still able to receive the offer.
Do you think it'd be worth a try if I received my Mac in the early May and the offer started like yesterday (bought the mac almost 2 months prior to the offer)?

Gian Marañon

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2020
Do you think it'd be worth a try if I received my Mac in the early May and the offer started like yesterday (bought the mac almost 2 months prior to the offer)?
wouldn't hurt to try!
I spoke with them on chat thought instead of calling them, see how that goes

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
Are the new iMacs eligible for the free item does anybody know?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.