Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple this week began selling its new Beats Studio Buds+ in the UK and most other countries, with the exceptions of Brazil, Mexico, and Taiwan, where the earbuds will be available starting mid-August. The earbuds first launched in the U.S. in May.

Beats-Studio-Buds-Plus-Transparent-Official.jpeg

Key new features of the Studio Buds+ include a transparent design option similar to the Nothing Ear (2) earbuds, up to 36 hours of battery life with the included USB-C charging case, and up to 1.6× as much active noise cancellation as the original Studio Buds that launched in 2021. In the U.S., the earbuds are priced at $169.99.

Studio Buds+ are essentially a sportier alternative to the AirPods Pro, and have a more compact design without "stems" that drop below the ears. Other color options include Black/Gold and Ivory, and ear tip size options include XS, S, M, and L.

Studio Buds+ support features such as one-touch pairing with Apple devices, hands-free "Hey Siri" voice commands, and the Find My app. They also support similar Android features, such as Google Fast Pair, Audio Switch, and Find My Device. For more details about the earbuds, check out our hands-on coverage from last month.

Article Link: Apple Launches Beats Studio Buds+ With Transparent Design in More Countries

Last edited:

G.McGilli

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2015
Got these and they are pretty horrible for one reason.

If my hands are dry I can't get them out of the case as they are ice smooth and no grip on them. And if my hands are sweaty I can't get them out of the case since they are slippery and no grip. And if I'm moving at all, I can't get them out of the case as they are too slippery and can't pull them out.

I have to be still, and kind of push them one at a time and try and rock them out slowly until I get get grip farther down - without them then flying out onto the ground.

Good magnet strength - maybe too good.

Otherwise all good lol...

Reactions: Jovijoker

RalfTheDog

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2010
Lagrange Point
I like the idea that they are transparent and that they don't have a stem. It might be nice to walk around looking a bit less like a Cyberman.

skveezer

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2012
Got these and they are pretty horrible for one reason.

If my hands are dry I can't get them out of the case as they are ice smooth and no grip on them. And if my hands are sweaty I can't get them out of the case since they are slippery and no grip. And if I'm moving at all, I can't get them out of the case as they are too slippery and can't pull them out.

I have to be still, and kind of push them one at a time and try and rock them out slowly until I get get grip farther down - without them then flying out onto the ground.

Good magnet strength - maybe too good.

Otherwise all good lol...

MrMojo1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
New England
Any other reviews on how it performs compared to the Beats Fit Pro model (in which the ANC isn’t very good and have issues with ear tips fit (silicone & foam))?

snak-atak

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2022
I bought a pair thinking I was saving $$ compared to the AirPods Pro, but I'm not a fan of the ANC and Transparency functionality. ANC doesn't block out enough noise, and the transparency doesn't seem to allow any in. It doesn't sound any different than when it's off. I've had it more than 14 days so I cannot return it, but I did buy AppleCare so I plan to have them do a diagnostic on it to make sure its working as designed.

4nNtt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2007
Chicago, IL
Apple used to create transparent products. I'd love to see more translucent special editions. Apple makes beautiful internals that you never see. Maybe even a MacBook Pro with a translucent glass window on the bottom.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
I love the translucent earbuds and would totally buy them if I were in the market for new headphones!

I'd love a translucent powermac again ya know? :D They were so pretty :3

SBlue1

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2008
So, after a few years, they've come up with new colors, longer battery life, better noise cancelling (which is still useless crap compared to the airpod pro). And a hefty price hike.

Way to flex that Apple innovation, Timmy.

Ah, a hater going by that "Timmy". There is nothing wrong with new colors every once in a while. I am still hoping for new HomePod mini colors soon. They are perfect as they are, no need to innovate anything new into them. Let us just have some new colors every other year.

DevNull0

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2015
Ah, a hater going by that "Timmy". There is nothing wrong with new colors every once in a while. I am still hoping for new HomePod mini colors soon. They are perfect as they are, no need to innovate anything new into them. Let us just have some new colors every other year.

Nothing wrong with new colors once in a while, but giving a 3 year old product new colors hardly justifies a new model name and 20% price hike.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.