Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Friscohoya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Oaktown
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

They were really nervous that nobody would come without the iPhone introduction. This is the first time that I can remember that such a big apple event actually had an advance agenda.

xlost6

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

So is this in the iPhone App Store or how do I download these?

boodyup

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2009
I'm wondering if this was released just b4 they announce Dragon integration in iOS5. If so,might cause this to have way more utility than what we think.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
This is great news. I suspect anyone who doesn't get it is someone who is too young to have had a real job yet. Being asked to "change 2 numbers and re-send it" is something that can totally happen to you while sitting in an airport where the wifi costs $12. I'd love the ability to do that from my phone without having to get a laptop or iPad onto wifi.

That being said, Apple has no good method of syncing documents the way Google does. They need to get on that if they want this to be actually useful. I'm hopeful that iCloud will do more than just stream music...

jpg

macrumors regular
May 15, 2009
Sweet! This will be really nice for modifying keynotes on the go. Does it work with iWork.com? (no pun intended)

Hope so too!

And macrumors, can you please create a Spoiler-Free Thread, just in case there is no live stream this year?

I was really unhappy last time, when there was no live-stream and no spoiler-free thread :(

TallGuy1970

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
This is what I was waiting for!!!!! :D

I don't create the Pages documents on my phone, but there have been many times when it would have been nice to be able to edit them on my phone, and then print them out (which I do via Printopia).

Thanks Apple! :apple:

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
And macrumors, can you please create a Spoiler-Free Thread, just in case there is no live stream this year?

What's that?

And now Steve is talking about xxxxxxx. It's very xxxx and much xxxxx more than the last version. It's going to cost $x,xxx and will be available on xxxxx xxnd.

lars666

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2008
Is it only me or did Apple disable landscape mode in the iPhone version? Would too less writing space be left?? Landscape keyboard on the small iPhone would be even more important than on the iPad, in my opinion ...

djrobsd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2008
EPIC fail.. seriously, we need this on a 3.5 inch touch screen? No thanks, it's painful enough watching netflix on my iphone, let alone trying to do any serious document editing.

spacemanspifff

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2010
SPACE
No sign of them in the UK... yet...

....clearly not on the UK App Store then? Can't seem to find it :confused:

I'm guessing that it will take a while for them to show up in all the stores worldwide. I can't see these updates in the UK store yet either.

Still at least we know they are coming...

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
This is a welcomed upgrade, especially for long overdue folder management. But I am curious whether this means Apple will be extending the life of current iWork iOS suite for another year or will require new $9.99 purchase for eventual iWork 2.0 upgrades.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.