Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In preparation for WWDC 2024, Apple today launched a new Apple Developer YouTube account, which will be used to share WWDC sessions and events that developers can follow along with.

apple-developer-youtube.jpg

Apple has seeded the new account with a selection of videos from WWDC 2023, and this gives us an idea of the kind of content that we can expect to see during the WWDC 2024 season.

Videos are organized into playlists by topic, making it easy to find content on the App Store, Swift, Spatial Computing, Safari, and more.

In the WWDC 2024 announcement, Apple said that developers can experience WWDC24 throughout the week on YouTube, referencing the new YouTube channel. Apple also plans to share content on the developer website and the Apple Developer app. Videos uploaded to YouTube will include all of the different video sessions that Apple holds on the latest software updates.

WWDC 2024 is set to kick off on Monday, June 10, and we are expecting to see iOS 18, iPadOS 18, macOS 15, and more.

(Thanks, Dylan!)

Article Link: Apple Launches New Developer YouTube Account to Share WWDC 2024 Videos

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2015
Lame… why cant they experience it in person?

Why the distance? Dont they employ people to handle real life events anymore? Are they worried about control?

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2015
Give them a developer youtube channel… that will keep them happy… and disable the comments too. We need to remain in control, at all times.

name99

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2004
I actually really appreciate this; somehow it's just a little easier to look through all the videos if it's on YouTube as opposed to Apple's own site. 🤓
I was going to ask the opposite question: what's the point of this?
The Apple Developer App (the location for these things in the past) is hardly a triumph of UI engineering, but it's a cold drink in hell compared to the godawful UI mess that is YouTube.

Does Apple believe there's a large pool of developers interested in their WWDC videos, but who don't own an iPhone?

Reactions: Dj64Mk7

CrysisDeu

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2018
I was going to ask the opposite question: what's the point of this?
The Apple Developer App (the location for these things in the past) is hardly a triumph of UI engineering, but it's a cold drink in hell compared to the godawful UI mess that is YouTube.

Does Apple believe there's a large pool of developers interested in their WWDC videos, but who don't own an iPhone?
I actually feel the opposite, my experience using the developer app to watch the video has to be weird to say the least. The UI and interactions just doesn’t make sense

It’s usable, but I much prefer the Youtube player

Yammabot

macrumors regular
May 15, 2017
Northern NJ
Apple should buy YouTube or just make their own and get rid of the onslaught of ads! Don’t even get me started on the in video sponsored content, ridiculous!! Ads then sponsored content and I’m out and looking for a less crappy video.

CrysisDeu

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2018
Apple should buy YouTube or just make their own and get rid of the onslaught of ads! Don’t even get me started on the in video sponsored content, ridiculous!! Ads then sponsored content and I’m out and looking for a less crappy video.
who pays the creators then

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.