Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced the new iPad Pro and iPad Air, and alongside the tablets there are now a few new accessories available to purchase on Apple.com.

ipad-pro-cases-2024.jpg

Starting with the iPad Pro, Apple is selling a new Smart Folio for the 11-inch iPad Pro in Denim, Black, and White. There's also a Smart Folio for the 13-inch iPad Pro in the same color options.

Similarly, you can get the Smart Folio for 11-inch iPad Air in Light Violet, Charcoal Gray, Sage, and Denim. There's also the Smart Folio for the 13-inch iPad Air in the same color options.

Finally, there's a pair of new Magic Keyboards for the 11-inch and 13-inch M4 iPad Pro. The 11-inch model is $299.00 and the 13-inch model is $349.00, and both come in White and Black.

Article Link: Apple Launches New Smart Folio Cases for M4 iPad Pro and M2 iPad Air

RenegadfeMonste

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2012
Are the smart folios compatible with the Magic Keyboard? Or would you need to take the iPad out of it to use the Magic Keyboard?

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
A good note to make is that the accessories for the new ipad Air 6 are backwards compatible back to the ipad Air 4.

The only things id say is that having the ipad Air… it would be much nicer to hold if they designed a magnetic hand strap… its not the most ergonomic thing to hold for a prolonged period when folded into a triangle or flat back.

• Haha
Reactions: AlexMac89

Brainjax44

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2012
Is it still screen cover-side down when propping your iPad on a table?

U know, the felt part that covers the screen? Is that the part that comes into contact with the table surface potentially covered and crumbs and other abrasives? U know, the part of the folio that then picks ups said abrasives and proceeds to rub them into your iPad screen once folded closed?

When will the insanity end? ;_;

HMWausau

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2022
It was nice for a while when the iPad Air and iPad pro accessories were interchangeable. Made it easier for businesses to have accessories that could swap around if necessary. Guess that's over with.

Reactions: Dj64Mk7

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
But no keyboard folio case? I mean that’s my go to… I have a magic keyboard for my 12.9 2-18 IPP, but use the keyboard folio whatever it’s called case every day, daily, all the time. Lighter, smaller, just what I need. Not having that, or only having it be some third party is a bummer.

erikkfi

macrumors 68000
May 19, 2017
But no keyboard folio case? I mean that’s my go to… I have a magic keyboard for my 12.9 2-18 IPP, but use the keyboard folio whatever it’s called case every day, daily, all the time. Lighter, smaller, just what I need. Not having that, or only having it be some third party is a bummer.
Yeah, this one hurts a lot. The Magic Keyboard doesn't address any Pencil use scenarios; it's purely to turn the iPad into a laptop. Not making a keyboard folio is a massive oversight and I hope a third-party company steps into the void.

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
Is it still screen cover-side down when propping your iPad on a table?

U know, the felt part that covers the screen? Is that the part that comes into contact with the table surface potentially covered and crumbs and other abrasives? U know, the part of the folio that then picks ups said abrasives and proceeds to rub them into your iPad screen once folded closed?

When will the insanity end? ;_;
You can fold the other way but its not as stable 🥴

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
In what way have you experienced poor quality on a 3rd party case? In this situation, I have ordered and returned the Apple case finding a much better product around $15 on Amazon.
I ordered one several years ago for my iPad, thing was junk that basically came apart in two months.

To each his own.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
Wondering what the weight difference is between the last generation KB and the new one. Seems like it could be heavier but if it's lighter, paired with the lighter iPad - that would be great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.