Apple Leasing

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jimmy8, Feb 25, 2008.

1. jimmy8 macrumors newbie

I'm looking at leasing a Mac Book Pro from Apple for my business in the next couple of months. Not ready to call Apple yet, but I was wondering if anyone is currently leasing through them? How are the rates? What do your monthly payments look like? Any thoughts on it? Thanks!

2. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

Unless it's some corporate-only program Apple has I've never heard of being able to lease a computer. If you mean setting up a payment plan to pay of a balance, that's different; and there I'm not sure how that goes either. No corporate credit card?

3. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

you are able to lease a computer-- a lot of schools and businesses do this; i would recommend getting in touch with the business consultant of a local store...set up a consultation and discuss the lease options-- you would need to be approved for the lease through the corp offices and that may take some time-- i would recommend meeting with the biz consultant asap

4. jimmy8 thread starter macrumors newbie

http://www.apple.com/financing/leases/commercial/

We have roughly 24 different computers here at my company. All Windows based. Want to try out a Mac and see how well it integrates via Fusion or Parallels with some of our custom applications and programs.

5. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

We've leased quite a bit of Apple kit over the years, and it works really well. Not sure what country you're in, but in the UK we've had a few machines on a 2 year interest free lease (effectively, you pay the cost of the machine over 2 years with no interest. At the end of the lease you can hand the kit back, swap it for new kit on another lease or buy it outright for a small payment (typically less than £200 for £2000 of equipment). The advantages of leasing for a business are that you don't have to write the kit off over 3 - 4 years for tax purposes: the lease payments are fully tax deductable each month or quarter. There are also other tax benefits that I don't fully understand (I leave that to the accountants!) but it does seem to work well for us at least.

6. eyup macrumors regular

eyup

I'm a sole trader and I lease my macpro quad3ghz+4gigs and 23¨Cinema display from Apple and it's working out at about £124 per month over 4 years + there was the cost of compulsory insurance which was about £200 pa.

Like the previous post it works out good for Tax.

They also chucked in 3 years Apple care for free so worth haggling if a big order.

Wish i'd done it earlier with my G4 which is pretty obsolete now (tho useful backup ;-)

7. Flyinace2000 macrumors 6502a

Flyinace2000

I was thnking about leasing just so i could get a new machine every 2 or 3 years.

8. jimmy8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just a little FYI for you guys. I called Apple and got some lease rates for Macbook Pro's. Under the Fair Market Value Lease in which you turn the MBP back to Apple at the end instead of buying it, payments are $123.50 per month for 24 months on $2500 in product and $135 per month for 24 months on $3000 in product.

9. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

Anyone know how they figure out the fair market value if you want to keep it at the end of the lease? I am interested in upgrading some equipment this year and for cash flow and taxes am thinking about leasing. But I don't want to pay for the computer over 2 years and then still pay 50% (or more) to keep it. I know apple computers keep their value pretty well, just curious how they calculate fair market value for a new mac pro and ACD? Anyone use this in the past?

10. hutchhouse macrumors newbie

@Phil, I keen to lease some Apple Hardware and wanted to message you to ask where you source yours from?

11. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wow - that was an old post you found there!
    We leased our gear directly through Apple business - don't know if they still do it though