Apple Leather Case Case/Phone Color Opinion

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by IconIc215, Sep 10, 2016.

?

Which Color Apple Leather Case Looks Best w/ Black Face Phones

1. Black

35.7%
  2. Midnight Blue

19.0%
  3. Saddle Brown

23.8%
  4. Red

9.5%
  5. Storm Gray

11.9%
  1. IconIc215 macrumors 6502

I usually opt for the white face phones but went with black this time around and was curious from personal experience which color case looks best with black faced phones? I would imagine black on black would look fine, but was curious how these other color combinations would look.

2. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

I went with the saddle brown, I am nearly 40, so maybe I am showing my age. But it looks fancy

3. AppleWarrior macrumors member

AppleWarrior

I got the black matte phone, so I went with the black leather case. Funny thing is, my phone will be here on Friday, but the case won't arrive until a week or two after that.

4. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

I rather the case be a bit late than the phone ;) Now you get to enjoy it for a week naked, and then dress it proper with a pretty case. Let us know how it goes!

5. jshtroutman, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016

jshtroutman macrumors regular

jshtroutman

I ordered the silver IPhone 7 and a Tan leather case to go with it. Case says it will arrive between 14th-16th and my phone the 16th. Hoping they look good together. I think the saddle brown case looks good on black phones.

6. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

I love the black because the appearance doesn't change much in time. The saddle brown is a winner too.

7. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

8. Time Less macrumors 6502

Time Less

9. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

it does. mine is very dark now. really like it.

10. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

I always go with the black on black combo. For me it's easier to look at in the long run. Neutral colors.

11. chillstatus macrumors member

Here's what my 6S saddle brown leather case looks like after almost one year (got mine on September 26th, 2015). I cleaned and conditioned it for the first time today using Lexol. I mostly wear raw denim and the case has heavy indigo bleed which has darkened the edges tremendously. Sorry for the poor DOF and focus in some of the photos.

I'm taking the plunge to the 7+ and ordered the storm grey leather case. I'm on the fence about that and am also considering going back to saddle brown or the tan version since I normally wear other aged leather goods (boots, watch strap, belt) that look similar to the saddle brown.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. DallasManic Suspended

For some reason this case provides a very limited protection ,
    If you want a snap on wallet , you do need a full sides wrapped case

13. j87b macrumors newbie

Used the same black leather case for both my 6+ and 6S+ and it still looks great (only some light scratches) after 2 years. Bought it again for my 7+ without blinking an eye. The brown one above looks disgusting to me. Easy choice I would say.

14. vomhorizon macrumors 6502a

Black face phone and an aged saddle brown leather case really does the trick for me. I've ordered three brown/saddle brown leather cases (1 Apple, and 2 Nodus) and will keep a couple of them. Black looks nice..the Gray kind of also looks nice on their website.

15. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

Does anyone remember if these were available at Best Buy on launch day for the 6s?